Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Smoking in pubblic area

It is hot issues in my country, especially in Jakarta, that the govt of Jakarta province had make regulation about smoking in public areas.In this regulation, people do not allow to smoke in some public area, they must smoke in special area called "Smoking Area". This regulation makes Pro' and Cont', why?
The smokers said, "It's not fair, because it's my money I spent to buy this, and this my mouth I use for it, so I,m free to smoke everywhere, every time". Then the cigarette factory said, " We pay tax, we have thousands people worked on our factory!" How can be the govt make this regulation? It will make our factory bankrupt and thousands people become un-employee?
I'm not smoking, I agree with the regulation, why? Because the regulation just banned the smokers to smoke in public area, no to banned them to smoke everywhere, so they still can smoke in smoking area. This just to protect the other people didn't smoke from the bad effect from cigarettes.

No comments: